IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS POSTING...

contact me at jbell@sssd.k12.co.us and attach your poem. You should still be able to comment on other's poems.

These are posts from Juniors at Steamboat Springs High School

The poems were written during our unit on Imperialism in the Middle East - Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Only Son

The day came I never thought would come
unexpected
The cold air makes me remember
The day before the bomb went off

His scent lingers all around
I'm alone
Why did he do it, I do not know
religion, honor, desire?

The death of my son I'll never forget
flashbacks
Memories come back like a rushing wind
The day came I never thought would come.

3 comments:

  1. I liked the word choice and how you broke it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of the best student poems i have read. it is really deep and sincere. great job hannah

    ReplyDelete